Let’s explore the world of STEM! Children and families can visit the Roebling Museum for just $5 per person for a day filled with fun and interesting learning activities that make science, technology engineering and math come to life. Build something! Make something! Try something new! Learn about structures, and try your hand at becoming Junior Engineer! Learn how the Roebling history and legacy can inspire young minds and imaginations today. Museums are cool! History is Cool! STEM/STEAM is cool! Join us!
Here’s a list of some of the activities planned for our upcoming Kids Create! STEM Saturday event:
~~~~ The Slime-making Lab – add glitter, poms, foam balls…the creative flow is up to you!
🐘🐘🐘 The 21 Elephants Build-a-bridge Challenge – learn some Roebling history by way of the incredible story about the day P.T. Barnum marched Jumbo the Elephant and his entire circus over Roebling’s Great East River (Brooklyn) Bridge!
👩🎨👨🎨 The Art-bot Studio Lab – Choose your drawing color palette. Make a working art-bot. Then let the individual and collaborative drawing and art-making begin!
~~~~ The Paper Tower Challenge – We provide the materials and instructions. You provide the design-thinking and ingenuity! Collaborate with your family and friends to build a stand-alone tall structure to eclipse all the others…
Plus more activities for all ages!
Tips for a Successful Kids Create! STEM Saturday event:
- Arrive as early as 11am or whenever you like. Give yourself at least 90 minutes to enjoy all/most of the activities, or stay all day. It’s up to you! The event concludes at 4pm.
- Bring a snack with you, or purchase pre-packeged snacks or water in the Museum’s gift shop. From fish-shaped cheesy crackers to granola bars, chips and sweet treats, we’ve got a variety of snacks to choose from to keep those engineering minds fueled up for fun and learning.
- Make it a family and friends experience. Please note that this is not a drop off event. All children must be accompanied by an adult while visiting the Museum.
- Take the NJ Riverline to Roebling Station. It’s built upon the historic Camden & Amboy Rail Line! Roebling Museum is conveniently located next to the rail station, making public transportation a great option.
- Let us know you’re joining us! Advanced registration is not required, but it is helpful to the planners of the event. Click this link to register ahead: ://roeblingmuseum.org/events/kids-create-6/
- Explore the historic Mill Yard and the village of Roebling, NJ! While you’re here, if the temperature and weather cooperate, take a self-guided walking tour of the lovely, historic village that many Roebling workers/employees called home. Or walk along the Mill Yard to see the world’s second largest industrial age Flywheel, an original company locomotive engine, and other historic Roebling Steel Mill artifacts up close.
Call 609-499-7200 or visit our website for advanced tickets and registration. This is an excellent activity for scouts, youth groups and STEM clubs. Children ages 5 and under admitted FREE of charge.