Roebling Museum is excited to share that the New Jersey Historical Commission has recommended that the New Jersey Cultural Trust fund our organization for a proposed special project. The Cultural Trust board met on November 6, 2019 to vote on the New Jersey Historical Commission’s recommendation, and unanimously approved our project to be fully funded in the amount of $35,000. This grant will establish a new operating cash reserve fund, which will be managed and monitored in accordance with a board-approved financial policy. We thank the NJHC and the NJCT for their support of the Roebling Museum’s continued efforts to grow, stabilize and strengthen its operations and organizational management.
UPDATE: In October, we kicked off our annual giving campaign, and set our sites on an ambitious goal of raising $50,000 before the end of 2019. So far, we’ve raised more than $27,000 toward that goal! Will you add your gift today? Will you help us keep history alive and enlightening at the Roebling Museum?
The Roeblings and their workforce designed, built and put in place the cables for some of the world’s greatest suspension bridges including the Brooklyn Bridge, the Golden Gate Bridge, and the GW Bridge. Today, the Roebling Museum documents, preserves and exhibits the history of the Roebling family, the company village of Roebling, NJ and the Roebling Company. We are inspiring a new generation of makers, builders and doers with STEM learning, historical exhibits, artifacts and archives, and documentation of the NJ heritage that still lives in the former company town we call home.
Every gift and every donation (in any amount)
makes a difference!
It’s important to know that when you give to the Roebling Museum, it’s not the size of your donation that matters most. It’s the hearts, minds and support of those who give that make our fundraising efforts a success.
Whether you give $25 to help us purchase bridge-builder lab kit supplies; or $250, which could provide a scholarship to a local child to attend summer camp; or $450 to cover the cost of transportation for students to experience STEM workshops and walking tours in the historic village of Roebling, NJ; or $10 to purchase a special gift for a Museum volunteer or provide toys and goodies to give to children this holiday season…you are helping to sustain the mission and carry out the vision of the Roebling Museum.
Here’s how you can make that difference today:
- Click here to go to the landing page of our website.
- Scroll to the bottom of the landing page & click on or enter the amount you wish to donate.
- Choose to give through PayPal or by credit card.
- Make your donation. (THANK YOU!)
- Follow the us on Facebook @RoeblingMuseum to see how your gift is making a difference.
- Share this email and our giving campaign with others who might also wish to give!
- Visit the Museum before the end of 2019, and bring others with you!
Roebling Museum is sharing and preserving history, and inspiring a new generation of young minds and hands to create, make and do. We blend history, heritage, humanities and STEM/STEAM education together in a seamless and engaging way.
Saturday, December 14, 2019 at 11 AM – 5 PM
That magical, most special time of year is nearing, once again. Christmas in Roebling returns to the Roebling Museum on Satuday, December 14, 2019. Enjoy the festive traditions of the season with us, as we share in the cheer and joy holidays. You’ll experience decorated trees throughout the museum representing local businesses, schools, and organizations; hands-on, make & take holiday crafts to take home; holiday tales shared by professional storyteller Denise McCormack; FREE visits with Santa, where you can take your own photo to capture the memory; tasty treats courtesy of Delicious Orchards; wagon rides through the beautifully decorate, historic village of Roebling, NJ; and much more. It’s a FREE day of family and neighborly fun for EVERYONE!
P.S. The Museum’s event, which ends at dusk, is slated to be followed by another cool event in town… Think holiday music, and you just might be on to something… Stay Tuned for more info from Florence Township re this added way to celebrate the holiday season.
Sponsored by Szucs Meat Market, T.C. Iron Insurance, Delicious Orchards and the PSEG Foundation. Roebling Museum received an operating support grant from the New Jersey Historical Commission, a division of the Department of State.
Let’s explore the world of STEM! Children and families can visit the Roebling Museum for just $5 per person for a day filled with fun and interesting learning activities that make science, technology engineering and math come to life. Build something! Make something! Try something new! Learn about structures, and try your hand at becoming Junior Engineer! Learn how the Roebling history and legacy can inspire young minds and imaginations today. Museums are cool! History is Cool! STEM/STEAM is cool! Join us!
Here’s a list of some of the activities planned for our upcoming Kids Create! STEM Saturday event:
~~~~ The Slime-making Lab – add glitter, poms, foam balls…the creative flow is up to you!
🐘🐘🐘 The 21 Elephants Build-a-bridge Challenge – learn some Roebling history by way of the incredible story about the day P.T. Barnum marched Jumbo the Elephant and his entire circus over Roebling’s Great East River (Brooklyn) Bridge!
👩🎨👨🎨 The Art-bot Studio Lab – Choose your drawing color palette. Make a working art-bot. Then let the individual and collaborative drawing and art-making begin!
~~~~ The Paper Tower Challenge – We provide the materials and instructions. You provide the design-thinking and ingenuity! Collaborate with your family and friends to build a stand-alone tall structure to eclipse all the others…
Plus more activities for all ages!
Tips for a Successful Kids Create! STEM Saturday event:
- Arrive as early as 11am or whenever you like. Give yourself at least 90 minutes to enjoy all/most of the activities, or stay all day. It’s up to you! The event concludes at 4pm.
- Bring a snack with you, or purchase pre-packeged snacks or water in the Museum’s gift shop. From fish-shaped cheesy crackers to granola bars, chips and sweet treats, we’ve got a variety of snacks to choose from to keep those engineering minds fueled up for fun and learning.
- Make it a family and friends experience. Please note that this is not a drop off event. All children must be accompanied by an adult while visiting the Museum.
- Take the NJ Riverline to Roebling Station. It’s built upon the historic Camden & Amboy Rail Line! Roebling Museum is conveniently located next to the rail station, making public transportation a great option.
- Let us know you’re joining us! Advanced registration is not required, but it is helpful to the planners of the event. Click this link to register ahead: ://roeblingmuseum.org/events/kids-create-6/
- Explore the historic Mill Yard and the village of Roebling, NJ! While you’re here, if the temperature and weather cooperate, take a self-guided walking tour of the lovely, historic village that many Roebling workers/employees called home. Or walk along the Mill Yard to see the world’s second largest industrial age Flywheel, an original company locomotive engine, and other historic Roebling Steel Mill artifacts up close.
Call 609-499-7200 or visit our website for advanced tickets and registration. This is an excellent activity for scouts, youth groups and STEM clubs. Children ages 5 and under admitted FREE of charge.
Join us for another installment of the Roebling Museum’s monthly Saturday Lecture Series
Saturday, October 26, 2019 from 1:00pm-3:00pm at Roebling Museum
$7 General Admission; $6 Museum Members
See New York’s bridges as you have never seen the before!
Space is limited so advance registration is highly recommended. Those with advanced reservations will have preferred seating. Walk-ins will be seated as space is available.
Dave’s book, The Magnificent Bridges of New York City, will be available for purchase in the Museum gift shop. The cost of the book is $60.